AORE's working committees are chaired by volunteers and overseen by staff. Guided by our Executive Director and national office team, these dedicated individuals help to operationalize AORE's work plan through a variety of annual and standing projects that are designed to advance the association toward its strategic goals. The collective efforts of committee members play an integral role in supporting our staff as they develop and outline AORE's next chapter of growth within the outdoor recreation and education space. We appreciate the diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and expertise that each one of these volunteers brings to the work. They truly enrich our community, allowing AORE to extend even more opportunities, information, and resources to members.
The AORE Staff Led Committees work toward providing the membership with important opportunities, resources, and information relevant to the field of outdoor recreation and education. Committees communicate to and with the membership addressing common issues, providing solutions to problems and building community. Staff Led Committees provide resources to membership, lead ongoing initiatives and provide recommendations on various subject matter areas to advance the strategic framework. Committees have standing and annual responsibilities that support the associations Strategic Framework.
Staff Led Committees are not involved with the Annual Conference.
Each committee is responsible for the following standing tasks:
- Message boards: proactively manage the message board specific to their area to encourage conversation and share resources
- Minimum monthly post to sharing a resource or asking a critical question
- Engage within 48 hours when a member posts to message
- Using mobile app and Chat rooms: Engage, support, and connect with members.
- Webinars: Host two webinars on topics related to committee subject matter expertise
- Member Login area: Make sure relevant information and/or resources are up to date and timely.